Chuck Westfall of Thatch Island Oysters by Captree [ In opening shot ] is looking for future oyster farmers. $15 an hour. Chuck is also President of the Long Island Oyster Growers Association and is passionately committed to the future of this industry. He is also on the Advisory Board of Save The Great South Bay.
Not only can oyster help improve our local economy, but they also help to filter and clean the bay. You’d be working for a good cause as well! Please watch this video and see what that job would be like. If you are interested, Contact Us.
- Where to Find “Drink The Bay Clean” - July 17, 2018
- A Trip To Blue Island Oyster Farm - July 4, 2018
- Announcing The Miriam Brown Community Stewardship Awards - June 8, 2018
- South Shore Paddleboards: A Friend of SGSB! - May 24, 2018
- True Blue: “Drink The Bay Clean” Is A Beer For The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Seeking Apprentice Oysterers - May 24, 2018
- Introducing The Creek Defender Program - May 24, 2018
- We All Care About Where We’re From — Saving The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Save The Great South Bay — An Introduction - May 24, 2018
- Blue Point Creek Defender: A Day In Purgatory - May 21, 2018