We are very grateful for their generosity, and we are all looking forward to The Second Annual Paddle Board Races on August 27th at the same venue — so mark your calendars!
Michael Busch, a Director at Save the Great South Bay, and proprietor of Great South Bay Images, took some amazing pictures of the event. Here are a few:
Mike posted 85 pictures from the event in an online gallery at this link.
The thing about paddleboarding is this — you will not find a group closer to our bay than the paddleboarders. They see close up right at their feet how the bay looks — its beauty but also its problems — the floating trash, the brown tide. They are our eyes on the bay. Paddleboarders are also among the most physically fit people you will meet. It takes a lot of core strength to move around. It seems almost every muscle from toes to head are engaged. The sport is really taking off! — Another reason to clean our bay.
- Building A Newsroom For Save The Great South Bay - October 17, 2018
- The Great South Bay Paddle Board Race – Poetry in Motion - August 27, 2018
- Sayville Creek Defenders — Braving The Elements - August 19, 2018
- Where to Find “Drink The Bay Clean” - July 17, 2018
- A Trip To Blue Island Oyster Farm - July 4, 2018
- Announcing The Miriam Brown Community Stewardship Awards - June 8, 2018
- South Shore Paddleboards: A Friend of SGSB! - May 24, 2018
- True Blue: “Drink The Bay Clean” Is A Beer For The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Seeking Apprentice Oysterers - May 24, 2018
- Introducing The Creek Defender Program - May 24, 2018