We are very grateful for their generosity, and we are all looking forward to The Second Annual Paddle Board Races on August 27th at the same venue — so mark your calendars!
Michael Busch, a Director at Save the Great South Bay, and proprietor of Great South Bay Images, took some amazing pictures of the event. Here are a few:
Mike posted 85 pictures from the event in an online gallery at this link.
The thing about paddleboarding is this — you will not find a group closer to our bay than the paddleboarders. They see close up right at their feet how the bay looks — its beauty but also its problems — the floating trash, the brown tide. They are our eyes on the bay. Paddleboarders are also among the most physically fit people you will meet. It takes a lot of core strength to move around. It seems almost every muscle from toes to head are engaged. The sport is really taking off! — Another reason to clean our bay.
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019