We are very grateful for their generosity, and we are all looking forward to The Second Annual Paddle Board Races on August 27th at the same venue — so mark your calendars!
Michael Busch, a Director at Save the Great South Bay, and proprietor of Great South Bay Images, took some amazing pictures of the event. Here are a few:
Mike posted 85 pictures from the event in an online gallery at this link.
The thing about paddleboarding is this — you will not find a group closer to our bay than the paddleboarders. They see close up right at their feet how the bay looks — its beauty but also its problems — the floating trash, the brown tide. They are our eyes on the bay. Paddleboarders are also among the most physically fit people you will meet. It takes a lot of core strength to move around. It seems almost every muscle from toes to head are engaged. The sport is really taking off! — Another reason to clean our bay.
- Whatsa Flupsy? Volunteering To Return Clams To The GSB - March 8, 2019
- York Analytical Laboratories: A Major Benefactor For Save The Great South Bay - March 8, 2019
- Introducing Our Newest Board Member: Karen Vaccaro Marvin - March 6, 2019
- A Green New Deal For The South Shore and The Great South Bay - February 13, 2019
- Becoming a Member - January 20, 2019
- Save The Great South Bay’s 2019 Plans - January 17, 2019
- Babylon: Vote YES On Sewering Jan 22nd And Help The Bay! - January 16, 2019
- Fertilizer Follies — Inaction in Action at LINAP - January 9, 2019
- Introducing the “Bay Friendly Yards” E-Book! - January 7, 2019
- Methoprene Madness in Suffolk County - December 5, 2018