Sewering is crucial to saving The Great South Bay. Without it, nitrogen from our cesspools and septic tanks will continue to leech into our groundwater, then on to the bay, triggering brown tide and other algal blooms.
Resurrecting our shellfishing industry depends on cleaner water. Get the water clean enough, and watch the oysters work their magic.
And at 75cts per oyster wholesale, we can bring back the local bay economy as well. Sunday’s Rally4thePipe at St. Johns in Oakdale is covered here
The South Shore is rising up, seeking to restore its past and assure its future.
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019