Sewering is crucial to saving The Great South Bay. Without it, nitrogen from our cesspools and septic tanks will continue to leech into our groundwater, then on to the bay, triggering brown tide and other algal blooms.
Resurrecting our shellfishing industry depends on cleaner water. Get the water clean enough, and watch the oysters work their magic.
And at 75cts per oyster wholesale, we can bring back the local bay economy as well. Sunday’s Rally4thePipe at St. Johns in Oakdale is covered here
The South Shore is rising up, seeking to restore its past and assure its future.
- Building A Newsroom For Save The Great South Bay - October 17, 2018
- The Great South Bay Paddle Board Race – Poetry in Motion - August 27, 2018
- Sayville Creek Defenders — Braving The Elements - August 19, 2018
- Where to Find “Drink The Bay Clean” - July 17, 2018
- A Trip To Blue Island Oyster Farm - July 4, 2018
- Announcing The Miriam Brown Community Stewardship Awards - June 8, 2018
- South Shore Paddleboards: A Friend of SGSB! - May 24, 2018
- True Blue: “Drink The Bay Clean” Is A Beer For The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Seeking Apprentice Oysterers - May 24, 2018
- Introducing The Creek Defender Program - May 24, 2018