- Enjoy a delicious three course meal! See Menu
- Live music!
- Bring the kids! Giant jenga, badminton, kids’ horseshoes! View baby oysters under the microscope!
- Learn from environmental groups! The Nature Conservancy of Long Island, The Sierra Club of Long Island, The Coastal Educational and Research Society of Long Island, Seatuck Environmental Association will all be there! Learn about native plants from Long Island Natives! Learn about the new cesspool replacements!
Before the shindig, you can participate in these other activities at The LIYC:
6-8 AM Clean up of nearby Fox Island, led by Save The Great South Bay Board Member Karen Marvin of South Shore Paddleboards.
10 AM-2 PM The Mayor’s Charity Cup Regatta
The Long Island Yacht Club and The Great South Bay Cruising Club have resurrected this once annual event, with many of the local yacht clubs involved, and with an emphasis on promoting youth sailing. Founded by the Long Island Yacht Club (LIYC) back in the 1980’s, The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta quickly became the Island’s largest attended race each season. In addition to its prestigious location, this race offered the largest class for boats that rarely raced.
After several successful years, the Race Committee unfortunately waned, the LIYC leadership changed, the club fell upon hard times, and the race was eventually discontinued. Now under new ownership for the past four years, LIYC is returning this prestigious race to its former glory and place among the top races on Long Island.
The historic oyster sloop Priscilla will be on hand, as well.
Bring the whole family, enjoy one last day on the bay, and help save the bay!
- Looking Backward –And Ahead - March 21, 2020
- STGSB Podcast Episode 7: What is Prosocial? - February 8, 2020
- STGSB Podcast Episode 6: Sewer Czar - January 17, 2020
- STGSB Podcast Episode 5: Methoprene & Emerging Contaminants - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 4: Native Planting with Matt Gettinger - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 3: Shellfish and the Revitalization of the Great South Bay - December 16, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 2: The Challenges of Sustainable Development - December 6, 2019
- The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta and Clambake — Celebrating Our Heritage on The Great South Bay - September 27, 2019
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019