Last Thursday I was a guest for Coffee With The Supervisor as a guest of Brookhaven’s Ed Romaine. While there was no coffee served, Ed did lob a couple o softballs as we joined together to rail against the destructive practice of methoprene spraying. Ed had back in 2006 sought with Jay Schneiderman when bother were in the County Legislature, to get it banned.
Now the fate of a statewide ban hangs in the hands of our State Legislature. Albany, please ban this so that we can begin to repair our 20,000 acres of marsh our bays!
We also discuss our Bay Friendly Yards Program and our Creek Defender Program, and how both are much about restoring native plantings and habitat, and more recently, taking on invasives. something we need every Long Islander for.
Click on the pic to view the show.
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019
- Defending Patchogue’s Creeks - April 3, 2019
- The Madness of Methoprene - March 26, 2019