They would be Drink The Bay Clean, live music, oysters. After that, all we need is the occasion!
Save The Great South Bay has enjoyed just incredible support, and by the time the dust settled on the year, we’d had ten events thrown on our behalf to support the cause! This spontaneous, grassroots response, is why we have at present 12,000 people in our Facebook Group, mostly from The South Shore, past and present.
Incredibly grateful to:
- Danny O’Donnell, Tres Palms
- Brooke Jankow and Steve Zoerner, Founders of Swell Taco, as well as the surfers who made Time and Tide, and who screened it there.
- Luke LaPenna, Flynns Fire Island
- Bayshore Yacht Club, The Great South Bay Paddleboard Race, where here we need to especially single out Karen Marvin Vaccaro and South Shore Paddleboards. She has truly helped to create a movement, and supported us strongly from the beginning!
- Clay Darrohn, Fishbat, a digital agency now headquartered in Patchogue.
- Chris Quartuccio, Blue Island Oysters (TWICE!!) — The 5K For The Bay AND The Oysterfest. More on those below.
- Tom Crowley, Oakdale Yacht, (again TWICE!!) most especially, for closing out our year with a 400 person concert, and a three day fishing tournament — more on that below.
- Mark Burford, Founder and Brewmaster Emeritus, Blue Point Brewery, and creator of Drink The Bay Clean, whose contributions this year to these ten events — and others! — were incalculable.
The common thread throughout these ten events is this — we brought the Drink The Bay Clean. The live music, the local oysters, the venue and occasion were provided by others, often on short notice. It was a fun summer, and an important one for the org in terms of building awareness and developing workable approaches.
We don’t expect to be less busy in 2018, and we are looking forward!
- STGSB Podcast Episode 5: Methoprene & Emerging Contaminants - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 4: Native Planting with Matt Gettinger - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 3: Shellfish and the Revitalization of the Great South Bay - December 16, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 2: The Challenges of Sustainable Development - December 6, 2019
- The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta and Clambake — Celebrating Our Heritage on The Great South Bay - September 27, 2019
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019