Save The Great South Bay is delighted to announce that Karen Vaccaro Marvin has joined our Board of Directors. Karen is Founder of South Shore Paddleboards (258 East Main Street, Babylon, NY).
Karen has long been a supporter of Save The Great South Bay, most prominently through the annual Great South Bay Paddleboard Race, which takes place in late August at The Bayshore Yacht Club.
A graduate of The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), and voted Most Likely To Succeed in her class, Karen’s shop was voted SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Shop of the Year in 2017. It’s like stepping into another world.
Karen regularly organizes clean ups of our marsh islands and of our creeks, accompanied by the large and growing SUP community she has helped to build.
When a fire last year closed her business for six months, Karen re-emerged like a Phoenix from the flames, the many people whose lives she touched rallying around her.
Karen lives in Babylon, and is married with two sons. Her husband Bill teaches physics in Roslyn, her oldest son is a freshman at The University of Delaware, and her youngest is often out on the bay on his paddle board. She has a heart as big as the ocean. We are very fortunate to have Karen aboard!
- Whatsa Flupsy? Volunteering To Return Clams To The GSB - March 8, 2019
- York Analytical Laboratories: A Major Benefactor For Save The Great South Bay - March 8, 2019
- Introducing Our Newest Board Member: Karen Vaccaro Marvin - March 6, 2019
- A Green New Deal For The South Shore and The Great South Bay - February 13, 2019
- Becoming a Member - January 20, 2019
- Save The Great South Bay’s 2019 Plans - January 17, 2019
- Babylon: Vote YES On Sewering Jan 22nd And Help The Bay! - January 16, 2019
- Fertilizer Follies — Inaction in Action at LINAP - January 9, 2019
- Introducing the “Bay Friendly Yards” E-Book! - January 7, 2019
- Methoprene Madness in Suffolk County - December 5, 2018