Save The Great South Bay is delighted to announce that Karen Vaccaro Marvin has joined our Board of Directors. Karen is Founder of South Shore Paddleboards (258 East Main Street, Babylon, NY).
Karen has long been a supporter of Save The Great South Bay, most prominently through the annual Great South Bay Paddleboard Race, which takes place in late August at The Bayshore Yacht Club.
A graduate of The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), and voted Most Likely To Succeed in her class, Karen’s shop was voted SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Shop of the Year in 2017. It’s like stepping into another world.
Karen regularly organizes clean ups of our marsh islands and of our creeks, accompanied by the large and growing SUP community she has helped to build.
When a fire last year closed her business for six months, Karen re-emerged like a Phoenix from the flames, the many people whose lives she touched rallying around her.
Karen lives in Babylon, and is married with two sons. Her husband Bill teaches physics in Roslyn, her oldest son is a freshman at The University of Delaware, and her youngest is often out on the bay on his paddle board. She has a heart as big as the ocean. We are very fortunate to have Karen aboard!
- STGSB Podcast Episode 2: The Challenges of Sustainable Development - December 6, 2019
- The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta and Clambake — Celebrating Our Heritage on The Great South Bay - September 27, 2019
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019