Seriously, when is Suffolk County going to stop poisoning its marshes with methoprene? It kills a lot more than mosquitoes — like for instance many of the creatures that eat mosquitoes, like the Seaside Dragonlet.
Why is the county spending $3 mil dollars a year for this ‘Vector Control’ spraying when it’s not salt water mosquitoes carrying the diseases but freshwater ones? Its an ongoing travesty that defies any reasonable explanation.
Here’s what Kevin McAllister of DefendH2O has to say:
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019
- Defending Patchogue’s Creeks - April 3, 2019
- The Madness of Methoprene - March 26, 2019
- Introducing The South Shore Estuary Reserve - March 26, 2019
- Whatsa Flupsy? Volunteering To Return Clams To The GSB - March 8, 2019
- York Analytical Laboratories: A Major Benefactor For Save The Great South Bay - March 8, 2019