Seriously, when is Suffolk County going to stop poisoning its marshes with methoprene? It kills a lot more than mosquitoes — like for instance many of the creatures that eat mosquitoes, like the Seaside Dragonlet.
Why is the county spending $3 mil dollars a year for this ‘Vector Control’ spraying when it’s not salt water mosquitoes carrying the diseases but freshwater ones? Its an ongoing travesty that defies any reasonable explanation.
Here’s what Kevin McAllister of DefendH2O has to say:
- The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta and Clambake — Celebrating Our Heritage on The Great South Bay - September 27, 2019
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019