“Drink The Bay Clean,” an India Pale Lager, is being brewed by Blue Point Brewery in order to support Save The Great South Bay’s efforts. All for a great cause, of course, but this beer was brewed with a love for Long Island. Drink The Bay Clean India Pale Lager is brewed on Long Island and for Long Island. This IPL begins with glacial water, left eons ago when Long Island was formed. Blue Point Brewery then combines wheat malt, Admiral, Calypso and Horizon Hops to create “Drink The Bay Clean.” The people who invented this beer, who make it and distribute it, grew up on The Great South Bay. They know what to drink here in the summer — this beer is floral and biting like an IPA, but refreshing like a lager. This is Long Island’s summer beer. Our founding moment never imagined such an astounding success and growth for this notable cause.
With every sip, you’ll be contributing to the health of our waters.
A portion of the proceeds from Drink The Bay Clean will go to supporting Save The Great South Bay’s Creek Defender Program, which will establish a Defender for every South Shore community and for its 31 creeks, The I Love Long Island Campaign, a ‘grassroots’ effort to move from pesticides and chemical fertilizer to eco-friendly yards, and for efforts to return shellfish to The Great South Bay.
Our Facebook Group Membership (over 12,000 strong!) has been offering suggestions for where along The South Shore “Drink The Bay Clean” would be served. We’ve probably had 100 venues suggested so far — Tres Palmes, The Cull House, The Snapper Inn, South Shore Dive, JT Finley’s, etc.
If you are a bar or restaurant owner, and want to support Save The Great South Bay, then order your “Drink The Bay Clean” today, by the case or by the keg! If you serve it, Save The Great South Bay will drink it!
Just fill out this request form and Blue Point Brewery will be in touch!
- Building A Newsroom For Save The Great South Bay - October 17, 2018
- The Great South Bay Paddle Board Race – Poetry in Motion - August 27, 2018
- Sayville Creek Defenders — Braving The Elements - August 19, 2018
- Where to Find “Drink The Bay Clean” - July 17, 2018
- A Trip To Blue Island Oyster Farm - July 4, 2018
- Announcing The Miriam Brown Community Stewardship Awards - June 8, 2018
- South Shore Paddleboards: A Friend of SGSB! - May 24, 2018
- True Blue: “Drink The Bay Clean” Is A Beer For The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Seeking Apprentice Oysterers - May 24, 2018
- Introducing The Creek Defender Program - May 24, 2018