On Saturday May 4th, Save The Great South Bay joined Seatuck, The First Baptist Church of Bayshore, The Bayshore High School Interact Club, and representatives from Keep Islip Clean, Town Supervisor Angie Carpenter and County Legislator Steve Flotteron in the annual clean up of Penataquit Creek in Bayshore.
Enrico Nardone, Executive Director of Seatuck Environmental Association, discussed how the glacier (and its melting) created the system of ground fed streams we find on Long Island’s South Shore today, including the Penataquit:
Pictured here are Todd Shaw (Left), Babylon Creek Defender, and Tom Kain (Right) at the triumphant end of an exhausting day:
There’s much more video / photos to come on the clean up! Such dedicated people from the community coming out to volunteer even in wet weather! I was very inspiring! Congratulations, Tom, on his first stint as Creek Defender, and again a thanks to all our environmentalist brethren in Bayshore and in Islip who hove worked so hard these last several years working to heal this creek!
Click on the image below to zoom down to the creek!
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019
- Defending Patchogue’s Creeks - April 3, 2019