Michael Busch of Great South Bay Images took this shot of The Pattersquash Gunner’s Association clubhouse, which sits right now in the middle of a system of shoals, sandbars, and channels that is the New Inlet. As you can see, much of the water is quite shallow. Sandbar islands have emerged, and shift now as The New Inlet shoals up and drifts slowly westward. Some intrepid soul came to the clubhouse, probably by kayak, and planted this flag.
This is NOT something Save The Great South Bay would ever endorse — trying to navigate in these shifting shallows and strong currents — but we have to admit it made for a great picture.
- Building A Newsroom For Save The Great South Bay - October 17, 2018
- The Great South Bay Paddle Board Race – Poetry in Motion - August 27, 2018
- Sayville Creek Defenders — Braving The Elements - August 19, 2018
- Where to Find “Drink The Bay Clean” - July 17, 2018
- A Trip To Blue Island Oyster Farm - July 4, 2018
- Announcing The Miriam Brown Community Stewardship Awards - June 8, 2018
- South Shore Paddleboards: A Friend of SGSB! - May 24, 2018
- True Blue: “Drink The Bay Clean” Is A Beer For The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Seeking Apprentice Oysterers - May 24, 2018
- Introducing The Creek Defender Program - May 24, 2018