Michael Busch of Great South Bay Images took this shot of The Pattersquash Gunner’s Association clubhouse, which sits right now in the middle of a system of shoals, sandbars, and channels that is the New Inlet. As you can see, much of the water is quite shallow. Sandbar islands have emerged, and shift now as The New Inlet shoals up and drifts slowly westward. Some intrepid soul came to the clubhouse, probably by kayak, and planted this flag.
This is NOT something Save The Great South Bay would ever endorse — trying to navigate in these shifting shallows and strong currents — but we have to admit it made for a great picture.
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019