Nice to see our Peconic Baykeeper, Kevin McCallister being interviewed by News12 on the topic of aerial spraying of larvicide for the control of mosquitoes. Kevin relays anecdotal reports that crabbers are bringing up dead crabs after mosquito spraying by the County Vector Control helicopters. The County spokesperson says that the spraying is safe, and the science supports the use of the larvicide, but what about those dead crabs?
Here’s a link to the story.
- Menhaden Management - January 3, 2017
- Long Island’s South Shore Wastewater Infrastructure Problem - July 30, 2013
- Is Mosquito Spraying Killing Crustaceans? - July 26, 2013
- A Friend of Save the Great South Bay - June 13, 2013
- 72,000 Ladies Released at the Mall of America - April 24, 2013
- Into the Breach - April 17, 2013
- A Great South Bay Breach and Estuary Policy Bibliography - April 11, 2013