Save The Great South Bay here presents two videos from two Facebook Group members. The first is from Dan Smith, an avid kayaker and Brookhaven resident, of what he (like many) refer to as The Old Inlet, but which others know as The New Inlet or The Breach. Call it what you will, there is no place on The Great South Bay now that has such wild life — osprey, seals, the endangered piping plover, thousands upon thousands of sea birds — and has clear aquamarine water that few today can remember.
The second video is from Michael Busch, who has been providing a great deal of video and photo content to the site and to the cause. His video was also taken by kayak. Given the extreme shoaling he could only get so close to The New Inlet by boat. Only a kayak could get him where he wanted to go. And so,a day later than Dan, he shot a video himself:
We can expect a lot of eco-journalism around Bellport Bay this summer.
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019