Save The Great South Bay here presents two videos from two Facebook Group members. The first is from Dan Smith, an avid kayaker and Brookhaven resident, of what he (like many) refer to as The Old Inlet, but which others know as The New Inlet or The Breach. Call it what you will, there is no place on The Great South Bay now that has such wild life — osprey, seals, the endangered piping plover, thousands upon thousands of sea birds — and has clear aquamarine water that few today can remember.
The second video is from Michael Busch, who has been providing a great deal of video and photo content to the site and to the cause. His video was also taken by kayak. Given the extreme shoaling he could only get so close to The New Inlet by boat. Only a kayak could get him where he wanted to go. And so,a day later than Dan, he shot a video himself:
We can expect a lot of eco-journalism around Bellport Bay this summer.
- Building A Newsroom For Save The Great South Bay - October 17, 2018
- The Great South Bay Paddle Board Race – Poetry in Motion - August 27, 2018
- Sayville Creek Defenders — Braving The Elements - August 19, 2018
- Where to Find “Drink The Bay Clean” - July 17, 2018
- A Trip To Blue Island Oyster Farm - July 4, 2018
- Announcing The Miriam Brown Community Stewardship Awards - June 8, 2018
- South Shore Paddleboards: A Friend of SGSB! - May 24, 2018
- True Blue: “Drink The Bay Clean” Is A Beer For The Bay - May 24, 2018
- Seeking Apprentice Oysterers - May 24, 2018
- Introducing The Creek Defender Program - May 24, 2018