Blue Island Oysters of West Sayville on Saturday April 27th hosted the Third Annual 5K Run For The Bay, raising funds a $1500 scholarship at Sayville High School, for Operation Blue Earth, a foundation driving a local public awareness campaign that encourages people to go organic and pesticide-free on their lawns for the sake of the bay and our shellfishing industry, and Save The Great South Bay.
Maybe you’ve seen the Operation Blue Earth signs around town:
Blue Island has been a staunch supporter of Save The Great South Bay for years now; Don’t forget the annual Oysterfest at Blue Island in West Sayville September 14th. Blue Island also offers oyster tastings and oyster farm kayak tours. Strongly recommended!
The run attracted over 400 participants:
Thanks Robyn and kids!
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- SGSB Sticker Program Launched For SGSB. Order Your Free Stickers Here! - June 17, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019
- Massapequa Creek Defenders: Preserving Their Preserve - May 5, 2019
- Bayshore Creek Defender Day: Joining Forces For The Penataquit - May 5, 2019
- Creek Defender Day in Babylon: A Team Effort! - April 17, 2019
- Attention Bayport! Volunteer To Pitch In With Your Creek Defender Bob Draffin Today! - April 8, 2019
- Defending Patchogue’s Creeks - April 3, 2019