If one oyster can filter up to 50 gallons of water a day, how would one billion oysters affect water quality? Listen in as our distinguished panel discusses the economic and environmental potential of returning shellfish to the Bay during our Speaker Series entitled “Shellfish and the Revitalization of the Great South Bay”.
Panelists Pete Malinowski of the Billion Oyster Project, Chuck Westfall, President of LI Oyster Growers, Martin Byrnes, Town of Islip Waterways Management, and Thomas Schultz, President of Friends of Bellport Bay graciously share their experience and answer our audience questions in this hour-long episode. To the Bay!
- STGSB Podcast Episode 5: Methoprene & Emerging Contaminants - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 4: Native Planting with Matt Gettinger - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 3: Shellfish and the Revitalization of the Great South Bay - December 16, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 2: The Challenges of Sustainable Development - December 6, 2019
- The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta and Clambake — Celebrating Our Heritage on The Great South Bay - September 27, 2019
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019
- Coffee With The Supervisor: Native Plantings, Methoprene - June 18, 2019
- The 5K Run For The Bay: Pursuing Change - May 23, 2019