Emerging contaminants, such as 1,4-dioxane, were a hot topic in 2019 and sure to continue to be well into the future. Learn more about them as well as the toxic effects of methoprene, the mosquito pesticide, on our marshlands in this Save The Great South Bay Speaker Series conversation moderated by Marshall Brown.
Kevin McAllister, founder and president of Defend H2O, speaks about methoprene and our marshlands, while Michael Beckerich, CEO of York Labs, a NYC-based environmental testing lab, discusses emerging contaminants, such as 1,4 dioxane and PFAS/PFOAs — what it takes to detect them and what dangers they pose. Rounding out the panel are Dorian Dale, Suffolk County Sustainability Director and Frank Piccininni of SIMPL Consulting.
- STGSB Podcast Episode 7: What is Prosocial? - February 8, 2020
- STGSB Podcast Episode 6: Sewer Czar - January 17, 2020
- STGSB Podcast Episode 5: Methoprene & Emerging Contaminants - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 4: Native Planting with Matt Gettinger - December 17, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 3: Shellfish and the Revitalization of the Great South Bay - December 16, 2019
- STGSB Podcast Episode 2: The Challenges of Sustainable Development - December 6, 2019
- The Mayor’s Cup Charity Regatta and Clambake — Celebrating Our Heritage on The Great South Bay - September 27, 2019
- Clam Bake And Party For Save the Great South Bay - August 30, 2019
- Official SGSB Letter To The NYS Parks Department Re: West Brook With Bonus Drone Footage - July 21, 2019
- Repel The Invaders And Help Save The Great South Bay - June 20, 2019