Last Modified Date: [4/21/2023 ]
Save the Great South Bay, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the revitalization of the Great South Bay (“STGSB,” “we,” “our,” and “us”), is committed to protecting your privacy. STGSB actively works to restore the bay and strengthen our South Shore communities. As a part of our efforts, we provide our website, savethegreatsouthbay.org (the “Site”), where visitors (“you” and “your”) can learn more about our efforts, upcoming events, and ways to support STGSB, including how to volunteer, make donations, purchase our products, and become Bay Friendly Yard certified.
1. REVISIONS AND UPDATES
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
During your use of the Site, STGSB collects both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information about you, in various ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you use the Site; and
- From third parties.
2.1. Information Provided by You
We may collect Personal Information and other information directly from you when you use the Site, such as when you register to volunteer, purchase from our store, or make donations. We may collect the following types of Personal Information based on your interactions with the Site:
- Volunteer Information, including name, email, phone number, town or village, event of interest, connection with local Creek Defenders, and comments;
- Donation Information, including name, email, donation amount, and mailing address;
- Newsletter Enrollment, including email;
- Purchase from the STGSB Store, including name, email, phone number, mailing address, bank and financial information;
- Participate in STGSB Programs and Projects, including name, email, mailing address photographs, and responses to prompts;
- Post on the STGSB Blog, including name, email, and the contents of your post or comments;
- Employment Information, including name, email, phone number, mailing address, resume, employment history, and employment status; and
- Contact Information, including name, email, phone number, and contents of message.
2.2. Information Automatically Collected by the Site
Like many other websites, STGSB and its providers may collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate through the Site. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Site, and for our internal analytics so that we can improve the Site. This information includes cookies, details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, generalized location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site, device’s unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, device’s telephone number, browsing history, browser and device information, advertising identifiers, clickstreams, search history, usage details, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pixel tags, browser version, operating system, other tracking technologies.
- Web Browsers. STGSB may automatically gather Personal Information about you that your web browser, depending on your settings, may make available to us. This information includes your IP address, operating system, and browser type. STGSB may also automatically gather Personal Information on the means by which you got to the Site. This information may include device used (mobile, desktop, tablet), source type (direct, search engine, referral), referral source (URL, social network, or advertisement referred from), and Google search query.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Third Party Cookies.
2.3. Information from Third Parties
In addition to collecting some Personal Information directly from you, we may collect Personal Information from third parties including our Affiliates and Subsidiaries, data providers, and regulatory agencies where permitted by law. You agree that the third-party providers of information, not STGSB, are responsible for maintaining your information with proper and sufficient accuracy and authority in accordance with all governing laws and regulations. We make no effort to verify any information for any purpose, including accuracy, legality, or non-infringement that we properly receive from third parties.
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, when you interact with us on those platforms, access our social media content, if you use a third-party account to sign-in to the Site, or link a third-party account to your STGSB account. Please note that the information we may receive from those third parties (such as Facebook, Twitter, WordPress) is governed by the privacy settings, policies and/or procedures of the applicable platform, and we strongly encourage you to review them before submitting any information using a social media platform.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the Personal Information you provide to us for a variety of purposes, including to:
- create and administer the Site;
- provide you with the merchandise or information you may request from us;
- inform you of relevant volunteer opportunities and events;
- communicate regarding your participation in our programs and projects;
- contact you for support and feedback requests;
- contact you to inform you of important changes or additions to the Site;
- send you administrative notices, offers, and any other communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- operate, improve, and maintain the Site;
- track and monitor web traffic;
- analyze trends and transactions;
- support our internal and business operations;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- fulfill any legal or regulatory requirements and any of our internal policies;
- fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time of collection;
- for any other purpose with your consent; and
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, share, rent, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third parties, for monetary or other valuable consideration, except as described below:
- Affiliates. We may disclose Personal Information about you to our affiliates.
- Partners and Sponsors. We may disclose your Personal Information to the partners and sponsors of any STGSB event, including but not limited to volunteer events and charity events.
- Third Party Payment Processors. We use PayPal as a third-party payment processor. Data you share in connection with purchases or transactions that you may make on the Site (e.g., credit card, debit card, or bank information) is collected, stored, and/or processed by PayPal and subject to PayPal’s privacy practices (located here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full). STGSB does not receive, collect, store, or transmit such data.
- Creek Defenders. We may share your Personal Information with Creek Defenders as a part of your participation in the Creek Defender Program. Creek Defenders act as a local steward, organizing and guiding their communities, leading cleanups, habitat restoration projects, and native planting initiatives.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and can potentially be intercepted or incorrectly routed. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
You have choices about how we use your Personal Information. Please understand that if you choose not to disclose information to us, it may affect your ability to use some features and functionalities of the Site.
6.1. Account Profile
If you share information with us, you will have the opportunity to review, update, change or delete the information you have provided to us (and that we continue to store) at any time through your profile settings.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or informational emails, you may choose not to by contacting us as specified in the Contact Information section below or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of marketing emails you may receive from us. Regardless of your choices regarding promotional communications and updates regarding content, we may send you administrative messages, service announcements, terms and conditions of your STGSB account, or other similar communications, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
7. INFORMATION RETENTION
We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and, to the extent permitted by law, disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We are under no obligation to destroy anonymized aggregate data.
8. PUBLIC FORUMS
Any information, communications, or material of any type or nature that you voluntarily submit for viewing by third parties online or otherwise make your Personal Information publicly available online (collectively, “Public Forums”) – for example through comments and participation in forums or through email – is done at your own risk and without any expectation of privacy. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information, nor do we guarantee the privacy or safety of Public Forums. We encourage you to be wary of providing any of your Personal Information in such Public Forums.
9. THIRD PARTY WEBSITE
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 16. We will not knowingly maintain Personal Information from or about anyone under 16. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a user that is under the age of 16, then we will remove that child’s Personal Information from our files. If a parent or guardian learns their child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us as specified in the Contact Information section below.
11. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
STGSB is located in New York and the Site is intended for visitors located within the United States. We may use service providers that operate in other countries, thus, your Personal Information may be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. If you do not reside in the United States and provide Personal Information to us, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your Personal Information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your Personal Information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
- (646) 827-0733
- Save The Great South Bay, Inc. 132 Clyde St Suite 100 West Sayville, NY 11796